I was asked to provide some suggestions of book to read that might provide further information on what is now often called relational neurobiology or interpersonal neurobiology (IPNB).
The books listed below having one * are easy to read and accessible. Those with ** are more heavy-weight.
- Mindsight *
- The Developing Mind **
- The Mindful Therapist**
- In an unspoken voice *
- Waking the Tiger * (written in the 1990s)
- Buddha’s Brain*
- Hardwiring Happiness. *
Bessel van der Kolk
- The Body keeps the score**
- Summary and Discussions of The Body Keeps The Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma By Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.*
- The Polyvagal Theory: Neurophysiological Foundations of Emotions, Attachment, Communication, and Self-Regulation (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology) **
- The Pocket Guide to the Polyvagal Theory: The Transformative Power of Feeling Safe (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology)*
If anyone would like a copy of my PowerPoint slides just contact me on email@example.com